Sunday, November 16, 2014

American Education Week 2014

This week is American Education Week!

This is the week we celebrate all of the amazing people who work in education and their students.  This year's theme is, "Great Public Schools: A Basic Right and Our Responsibility".  I think each child should be able to attend a great public school, it is an ideal we should strive for.  Sadly, I know that this is not the case for many of the schools that our public school students attend.  Which is why I think having American Education Week is important.

I have had a few great teachers during my grade-school years who I still look back on fondly and who still continue to inspire me today.  I also have many teacher friends who I look up to as mentors and know that they are the type of teachers that will make a positive impact on the students in their classroom.  Educators like these need to be celebrated and their hard work recognized.

I want to thank each of the teachers who put so much time and love into what they do.  Thank you for making a difference in the lives of kids.

For more information about this week, visit the AEW website here:
American Education Week 2014 – Here’s What’s Happening

No comments:

Post a Comment